English Literature Best Graduate From Universitas Negeri Padang
Hello! Please call me, Hengki, someone who loves teaching, sharing, debate, and random discussion. I have deep interest in critical linguistics and parliamentary debate. Learning English is fun to me, and it should be the same to you. I treat teaching as both a chance to share knowledge and as a way of learning twice. I learn more from teaching than from studying myself.
I finished my study from English Language and Literature study program, Universitas Negeri Padang, West Sumatera in September 2017 as the best graduate, but I have started teaching since January 2015. I teach students from different levels; elementary school, high school, and university students. I love teaching grammar and speaking, but I am also teaching TOEFL. I was one of the selected young teachers from Indonesia and East Timor taking part in the intensive pre-service English teacher training conducted by Regional English Language Office, US Embassy, Jakarta in 2017.
Besides teaching, I actively participated in many competitive English tournaments, including debate and speech. I won most of the events I joined, including the prestigious Novice NUDC 2015 held by Ristekdikti, strong evidences for my public speaking ability. I was also one of the Indonesian representatives in World Universities Debating Championship 2015 in Malaysia. For all of my accomplishments, I was awarded as the Most Outstanding Student of University in 2016 and honored as the most achieving student by my faculty for two times in 2015 and 2016. Teaching and Sharing with you will be nice. Let’s connect!
Phrasal Verbs adalah sebuah kata kerja yang diikuti oleh kata keterangan (adverb). Bentuk ini juga sangat sering digunakan sehingga sangat penting untuk diketahui.
- Memiliki bentuk “Verb + Adverb” dengan makna yang mudah dimengeri. Contoh:
- Tom asked Melanie to come in
- The man in front turned round and stared at me.
- Tapi banyak Phrasal Verbs memiliki makna idiom (tidak bisa diartikan dari kata penyusun):
- Fortunately the plan came off (=succeeded)
- Why did you turn down such a good offer? (=refuse)
- I can’t make out if it’s a man or a woman over there. (=see clearly)
- Terkadang, Phrasal Verbs memiliki arti yang sama dengan Verbs yang terdiri dari satu kata. Phrasal Verbs bersifat lebih informal daripada Verb dengan satu kata.
- Find out = discover put off = postpone leave out = omit
- Go back = return send out = distribute make up = invent (a story)
- Go on = continue turn up = arrive throw away = discard
- Jika Phrasal Verbs diikuti objek, objek dapat berada setelah adverb / diantara Verb + Adverb.
- Melanie took her coat Melanie took off her coat
- I wrote the number I wrote down the number.
- Jika objek kalimat panjang, objek selalu muncul setelah adverb.
- The gang has carried out a number of bank raids in the last few months.
- Why don’t you try on that dress in the window?
- Pronoun selalu berada diantara Verbs dan Aderbs.
- Melanie felt hot in her coat, so she took it off.
- There have been a number of raids. The police know who carried them out.
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]